The Refuge Discipleship Program (RDP) has been established to help college-aged men and women (18-23) grow in their relationship with God and with others. The Refuge Discipleship Program is an intensive 10-month discipleship program (August 1 – May 31) created to accelerate the spiritual growth of the young adults involved, raising them up as disciples of Christ and Mighty Men & Women of God.
In Colossians 3:1-17, Paul urges us to set our minds on things above and not below; put to death the things of the flesh and embrace the things of the Lord. “And whatever [we] do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.”
We have created RDP to be a place for young men and women to Experience, Explore, and Embrace a life surrendered to God.
- The Power and Presence of God
- True Community and Transparency
- A Life Committed to Following Jesus!
- Intimacy with God through daily devotional & worship
- Duties and Responsibilities as a Man/Woman of God
- Our Call as followers of Jesus!
- Our Gifts and Abilities
- Our Community (Baylor, MCC, Acts, Waco)
- Our Identity in Christ Jesus!
- Commitment to Acts Church “Core Values”
- Attendance at Sunday & Tuesday Night Services
- Attend or Lead a Lifegroup or Connect Group
- Tithe Regularly
- Serve within the Church (Children's, Student, College, etc.)
- Fourth Friday Events (Marketing, Set-up/Tear-down, etc.)
- Time Commitment to Ten Hours/Week to:
- One-on-One Discipleship (1 hour)
- Weekly House Dinner & Meeting (2 Hours)
- Weekly Morning Prayer & Worship (1 Hour)
- Weekly Refuge College Ministry (2 Hours)
- Weekly Group Time (1 Hour)
- Weekly Lifegroup or Connect Group (2 Hours)
- Discipling One Peer [Starts by Spring Semester] (1 Hour)